5/2/08

where's my bribe check?

I expect my "stimulus" money next week from the gubment. I guess they want us to buy stuff and make it not look like we're sliding into an economic depression. Thinking about it, I can't help but note that pretty much any sort of big kid toy - tvs, stereos, ipods, cell phones, cars, computers, new sneakers, giant blenders, power washers, kegerators - are made wholly or partially outside of the USA. Which seems to undermine the whole point of the experiment.

That in mind, I plan to use my bribe check to pay utilities and support American artists and small business owners. That's right - time for a new tattoo. Can't outsource your body mods!

4 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

That's my boy!

That Hank said...

I'll probably support the American brewer, too. And some American musicians.

May said...

Ha, Ha, I hear that some people are not getting a check. I hear some people (those with a lot of debt who would only use the money to pay off the creditors and thereby NOT stimulate the economy) are getting "useful gifts". One guy in Arizona got an ac. Like a window unit, I guess. I bet he was piiiiiiiiissed. You can't eat a goddamned ac. You can't even plug it in if you can't afford your electric bill. Oh man, it's so sad and so funny at the same time. Our government is wack.

That Hank said...

Yeah, I just got off the goddam phone with the IRS "help" line. Something something I'll get a check in July. What the fuck? I got direct deposit, why am I getting a motherfucking paper check?