5/16/08

go go godzillla

I'm building a little town. I was going to give it some funny (to me) name, possibly based on a beer brand or semi famous inventor, but it seems to have acquired the moniker Tiny Town. So it goes.

I've got a couple of buildings done. I work on it at night after work, when I'm watching American Gladiators or 30 Rock. I can't just sit and watch tv without something to do with my hands. Some folks knit. I spray paint and cut and glue beer boxes into funny little buildings. This one's my favorite.

I gave it shutters and a set of blinds, and even a fire escape hanging off the back. Clear windows - some of them purple. It's a two story, downtown home for wee people. I've also got a Spanish-style apartment building and a Nathans hotdog stand. Next I might make a skyscraper or a water tower. I intend to pull together, not a village or a small town, but a city complete with slums and head shops and a university.

Some of my friends are getting in on the fun, too. And this fall, after we've put together what we see as enough little buildings and cars and such, we're going to go out behind a friend's warehouse. We're going to drink beers and set up the entire city. Once it's laid out and perfect, we're going to put on a mix cd made for the occasion - maybe start with Ride of the Valkyries or Fuk Shit Up by the Blatz - and then we're gonna ATTACK TINY TOWN IN AN ORGY OF GODZILLA-LIKE DESTRUCTION! WE'LL STOMP AND RAMPAGE! WE'LL DROPKICK WEE MUSEUMS AND BURN MINUSCULE GAS STATIONS TO THE GROUND!

It's going to be awesome.

11 comments:

Verdant Earl said...

This is the second destruction ala Godzilla story I've read in as many days.

Must be something in the air.

That Hank said...

What was the other?

Ms. Moon said...

DON'T DESTROY THE TINY HOUSES! PLEASE! THEY DESERVE TO LIVE!

That Hank said...

NONE WILL BE SPARED!

Ms. Moon said...

DO NOT SACRIFICE THE HOMES OF THE GOOD PEOPLE OF TINY TOWN! THEY WILL SUFFER, AND THEY ARE INNOCENT!

That Hank said...

No one is innocent in Tiny Town.

Anonymous said...

We will be ready!

Tinytown Militia

That Hank said...

That reminds me, I need to make a wee army base.

Lazy Rani said...

If you invite me to this event I pledge to learn at least half the songs on Cheaper than the Beer ON THE BANJO to accompany this mayhem. Thanks.

Lazy Rani said...

Also, thanks for liking Faulkner and visiting my lazy blog.

That Hank said...

I can't pass that kind of offer up. Expect an invite some time in fall.