6/5/09

at May's request

I got my septum pierced a million years ago, when I was 21, in Atlanta's Little 5 Points. It's the only piercing I have left (used to have my ears full of rings) and the only jewelry I wear. I do a few stupid tricks with it, usually when little kids state at me in public - "disappear" it into my nose, take out the horseshoe I wear and run other things through the hole, that kind of stuff.

In response to yesterday's picture, my sister said: "Now put something else in your nose, 'cause that shit is hilarious." So, two pictures of something else in my nose:

4 or 5 years ago, at a baby shower. Novelty diaper pin. I don't want to tell you what other piercing holes this thing got stuck through after I was done with it.


And just now, in my office, a small punch tool.


Fun times!

16 comments:

Steph(anie) said...

I know the hole was already there, but the site of that punch thing makes me say OUCH.

That Hank said...

I do feel sort of like a circus freak when I do that, which I admit I like.

Steph(anie) said...

Circus freaks is good people.

Ms. Moon said...

Son. Son. Please. Stop this before my head explodes.

That Hank said...

Steph: I believe that.

Mama: But what good is an extra hole in my head if I don't use it?

Ms. Moon said...

You're not too big to spank, Mr. Sassy-Pants.

That Hank said...

That would be a first.

Steph(anie) said...

Your mama told me...

Ask DTG about his theory about music. It has something to do with the Beatles and Bob Dylan and someone else. As you know, DTG is smart.

So, blog post maybe?

Erin said...

Ouchity ouch! Don't you worry about infections? That may be a stupid question, but it's an honest one!

Petit fleur said...

Love the the safety pin pic. May I call you pin head? hee hee!

Despite the fact that you are indeed sticking things in your nose, you appear to be responsible about it. (So far no blood, yes?)

May said...

You have pleased me beyond words!

E. Peterman said...

Best. Post. Ever.

That Hank said...

Steph: she'll have to remind me what my theory was. Hmm.

gingermagnolia: No, because it's healed completely. It's just skin, you know? No more prone to infections these days than your finger would be if you laid a screwdriver alongside it.

Petit fleur: Nope, I do not bleed for my art. haha

May and EDP: Glad to please!

Steph(anie) said...

If you forgot it, it must not be that good :) Happy birthday!

Sarcastic Bastard said...

This was a hilarious post. Loved it!

I'm with May, man. Too funny.

Love,

SB

That Hank said...

It's my best party trick, really.