Oh, yeah, I love camping.
I almost forgot. Getting out there in the dark, down in a state camping lot on St. George. Putting up the tent, with various cussing and regrets at the sorry way it was put away last time. Building the fire and saying things like, "Damn, there's a lot of stars!" and "You think a ranger will look in our cooler?"
We hiked around a little, talked about farts and politics, napped in the cool afternoon. My buddy showed us all his thermal underwear.
Now I'm home, showered, and eating stew.
Stew for After Camping:
1. Your dad kills a deer.
2. Your mom cooks deer ribs and gravy and gives you the leftovers.
3. Mix leftovers in a big pan with a can of stewed whole tomatoes (squish them in your fists) and a can of water - maybe two.
4. Stir in the leftovers from New Year's Eve's veggie tray and a small yellow squash your mom gave you.
5. Oh, and some garlic and black pepper and maybe salt.
6. Cook it up.
7. I like it with hot sauce. I'm a Crystal man, but whatever you got handy will do.