1/11/08

The Ding Dang Saga


One of my sisters wanted a hamster, so she got Ding Dang and a pink, plastic cage. Turned out that her cats also wanted a hamster. To prevent his name from changing to Kitty Snack, she handed Mr. Dang over to another sister. Well, she went off to live in a dorm at FSU, so the little fella wound up camping in mom's laundry room. But mom doesn't really like rodents much, plus he's got huge nuts and it's just kind of creepy (no, really, you should see them), so I said I'd give him a home.

Now Ding Dang lives in my bedroom, unless it's very cold (no heat at my house), when he lives on top of the fridge near the gas stove and hot water heater. He seems happy, but how can you tell a hamster's mood? Once a week he hangs out in a big mason jar while I clean his cage, and that's the only time that my cat remembers he exists.

Ding Dang the hamster - he'll never win any prizes, but he's really good at eating cherry tomatoes.

6 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

Uh... I think he could win prizes in the large man-parts contest.
Too, too freaking weird for me.
Don't forget- he loves a bite of banana.

That Hank said...

Yeah, people always say, "What's wrong with his butt?!?"

Ms. Moon said...

It ain't his butt.

Jon said...

I think this is the first time I've ever seen a conversation about hamster balls, that wasn't about the plastic one they run around the house in.

Juancho said...

Good point.

Juancho said...

Good point.