3/9/09

dirt mall redux

You see some crazy shit when you spend the weekend selling used videos at the local flea market.

You'd be amazed at how many different ways there are to tote a small dog. You can tuck your chihuahua into a leather man-bag. You can push it around in a pet stroller, or you can just go ahead and load three pugs into a regular baby stroller. You can stuff it in a canvas carrier made to look like a really ugly purse with vented sides. You can buy a sort of harness made to go around all the important bits and leave the pup's legs and tail dangling as you carry it by the special strap at the top, as if the whole animal was a yapping diaper bag.

Or you can do as one family I saw did: carry the small dog lovingly in your arms and clip the animal's leash to your small son's britches, solving two problems in one go.

6 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

Oh my. This whole take-your-dog-with-you thing is getting out of hand. Dog strollers? I mean, really.
But I like the leash on the dog and child idea. That's a good one.

That Hank said...

I was wishing I'd taken my camera with me, but how rude is that? "Excuse me, sir, but I find the way you carry your small dog hilarious and would like to share it with the world."

Lois said...

I like that last idea!

That Hank said...

I actually laughed out loud when I saw it.

Anonymous said...

Tie the dog to the youngin' and hang a moonpie from mama's tassle belt, she won't loose either of 'em and may even pick up a date in the process.

That Hank said...

There are plenty of people who go to the flea market to pick up some action. They walk up and down with beers, cruising each other.